Sunday, October 16, 2011

Patrick's Race 4 OYE

Dear Friends and Family,

Oye is now six years old and has been a big part of our life. It has grown from just a few scholarship students the first year to 60 last year and now 90 this year. This year has been a challenge to support the growth. Don't Panic is a 5K race to support injured fire fighters in Maryland and I will support them with my registration fee. However, I am panicked about the ability of OYE to be able to support the same number or more of the students next year. So far our grant applications have not been answered and so we are stepping up the personal fund raising. I know the tremendous impact OYE has on the youth of El Progreso and am more than happy to run in the cold for them. I will be recruiting others to run for OYE as well. My son Brian on the left in the picture below and John Keleher (picture in the middle from a previous run) who volunteered at OYE in its early days will be joining me in the race and in the collection of funds for OYE. Joe Eldridge, the chaplain of American University who has led AU students to OYE during their breaks is also running with us. We should have some students from George Washington University running with us as well. I hope you can help out.

Check into this blog as we will be updating as we go along.

all the best,

Patrick

.

No comments:

Post a Comment