Monday, October 31, 2011

Training

I have been a bit sporadic about training, but last week decided to really get serious. I did run several times in Nicaragua and last Friday the 28th, before going to the airport, I jogged up a steep hill covered by wonderful tropical vegetation with a temperature of about 90 degrees and a great view of Lake Managua. I awoke in DC Saturday the 29th determined to run again, but it was 32 degrees and snowing hard! Wow, what a difference! I opted out on Saturday, but did run in Rock Creek Park on Sunday on a cold but sunny day---only three weeks to go! On Monday the 31st in the early morning I ran again in Rock Creek and at the end ran into five deer; two inside the perimeter fence of the National Zoo and three just off the running path. They barely acknowledged my presence and went on grazing.

I want to welcome more runners! Mike McQuaid, athletic director of Edmund Burke High School (Brian's alma mater) and Emory Bright, actor/lawyer extraodinaire (and father of Julian).

No comments:

Post a Comment