Saturday, November 19, 2011

Who Are We Running on Behalf Of?

There are close to 90 students with OYE scholarships in El Progreso. We are running for all of them, but I want to highlight Magda Reyes, an OYE scholar who is a 28 year old mother and recently graduated Suma Cum Laude, from the National Autonomous University of Honduras with a degree in pedagogy. Not only that, but she graduated as the valedictorian of her class.

In her own words, Madga decided to write a letter to OYE, thanking the the team and family for all they have done to support her.

“OYE was the critical piece that enabled me to complete my education and receive my degree in teaching and educational sciences. I would like to thank OYE from the bottom of my hear for the help you have provided me, raising my self-esteem day after day. My thanks to all of you will never end, and I hope that you continue proving to the youth that they are the present of our country. You helped me discover the potential that I have as a leader; keep doing all you can to continue showing that to the youth of our country and above all our city.

“These four years that I have been a part of the OYE family have served me greatly, and my experience working with youth has served me to better value my two children and to understand their needs. "

Although Magda is older than most of the OYE scholars and the mother of two, her story and the mentoring she has provided to the others is inspiring.

This testimony is taken from the November 2011 OYE newsletter which you can access through the OYE website at www.oyehonduras.org or directly at:

http://issuu.com/oyehonduras/docs/november_2011_newsletter

Tomorrow is the big day for running!


No comments:

Post a Comment